This page, however, serves an entirely different function. This page contains links, and descriptions or relevant portions of content, to what I consider REQUIRED READING. Anyone who wants to deepen and expand their knowledge and understanding of the topics I write about, should read these articles, posts or blogs, preferably even before reading anything I've written. These pieces are the ones that inform my politics and/or illustrate concepts that are fundamental to understand when talking about this Administration and the Republican party as we know it today. With that said...
▶ More Politics 101: Obama is Smarter Than Us! ~ By Milt Shook at The PCTC Blog
- In this post, Milt takes on many of the Progressive memes about Obama's "capitulation", "legislating to the right" and rants about what the president should have done in any and every situation where Progressives obviously don't understand either what he did, why he did it, or why it's actually a great outcome for liberals and America. Read it.
▶ To Those Who Consder President Obama a Disappointment, You're Just Not Paying Attention ~ by Milt Shook at The PCTC Blog
- The page I created here on this blog, Major Accomplishments of Barack Obama, is a fairly inclusive listing of many of the major pieces of legislation (not including naming post offices) that came out of the most productive Congress since the 1960s. I wrote it as a resource to point people to for a "quick and dirty" list that might help them better understand the scope of President Obama's accomplishments. It's quite useful for what it is intended for.
- However, in this post, Milt provides a thorough listing of hundreds of laws, with descriptions of what those laws do and/or who they help, separated into relevant categories. Even if you think you have an idea of how much this president has actually gotten done, you will be Blown Away. Don't just read it, share it.
▶ Two Santa Clauses or How The Republican Party Has Conned America for Thirty Years ~ by award-winning New York Times writer and author, Thom Hartmann.
- In this piece, you will learn who Jude Wanniski is, how he aligned himself with the Republican Party and how he turned the most basic understanding of the economics of supply and demand on its head so that Ronald Reagan could win the White House and change the way Republicans and Democrats were characterized from then on. And in spite of the utter idiocy his completely made-up, politically motivated "theory" has proven empirically over the course of decades to be, the Republican masses are so invested in the concept that they simply cannot allow themselves to see the realities of its total failure.
▶ Goodbye to All That: Reflections of a GOP Operative Who Left the Cult ~ by Mike Lofgren, News Analyst for Truthout
- On June 17, 2011, after serving as a Congressional Staffer for 28 years, 16 on the Republican side of the aisle in both the House and Senate Budget Committee, Mike Lofgren retired. Reckless, amoral, akin to an apocalyptic cult are just a few of the colorful adjectives that pepper his invective. He's bitterly disappointed and, dare I say, disgusted, by what his former party has become.
- A couple of years ago, a Republican committee staff director told me candidly (and proudly) what the method was to all [the recent Republican] obstruction and disruption. Should Republicans succeed in obstructing the Senate from doing its job, it would further lower Congress's generic favorability rating among the American people. By sabotaging the reputation of an institution of government, the party that is programmatically against government would come out the relative winner.
- It's gravely important that this be shared with every Republican you know. If they won't listen to us, maybe, just maybe they'll give a moment's thought to someone who was among their own throughout their entire political career. Maybe.
Keep watching this page. I'll be coming back with more.
>>>Elect These Democrats to the House in 2012<<<
Return to Home Page